I’ve been thinking about magical realism lately, but the more I think about it, the more I realize we are living in a magical world already. Think about it:
- You can receive a note from a far-away friend in your pocket the moment she sends it.
- You can pay for groceries with money you don’t have just using a small piece of plastic.
- You don’t have to wait for the sun to provide light in the early morning.
- You can instantly learn about a tragedy on the other side of the world.
- You can choose from thousands of cute kittens to watch play at any given moment without the bother of cleaning the litterbox.
- You can read books that transport you to other worlds.
- You can stay warm in winter without lighting a fire and sitting under multiple blankets.
- You can make a sweater using just yarn and two sticks.
People have always had some magic in their lives, but considering what we have today, we do, indeed, live in a magical world.